The Primitive Methodist Chapel in Monnow Street was designed by the Minister, Rev George Dobson, and opened in 1864. The simple brick building (left) is set back from the other houses in the street and seats 150. The Manse, where the Minister lived is next door. The typical congregation would be working class. John Wilding and his family lived here prior to his death in 1923. According to Joan Wilding (granddaughter) there is a commemorative plaque inside the Chapel to his memory. In 2009 the Manse was part of an empty Fish & Chip shop.