Saltney, Flintshire

An 1837 Chester Circuit Plan includes Saltney. A 1962 booklet celebrating the new chapel, entitled Along this Road, states that “it is on record” that Hugh Bourne preached in Saltney. A society, formed in about 1844, first met in a cottage in West View, which was still standing in 1962, and a chapel was built in 1859 which, in 1962, was 177 and 179 High Street. There are now two new houses on the site, opposite the Corner Pin public house at the western end of Saltney.

 

Comments about this page

  • The 1861 Primitive Methodist magazine (February; page 117) contains an account by J Eastwood of the opneing of Saltney Jubilee chapel on October 28th 1860. Mr Banks gave the land; Mr James (Chester) drew the plans; R Hill (Rochdale) and J Eastwood preached at the opening services.

    The new chapel which measured 30′ x 24′ replaced one of 1838 that had become too small.

    Mr Banks gave land; Mr James (Chester) drew plans. 
    By Christopher Hill (21/03/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *