Alderman's Green Primitive Methodist chapel
Alderman's Green Rd, Coventry CV2 1PP
The Primitive Methodist magazine for March 1852 contains an account by C Baylis Junior of the re-opening of Alderman’s Green Primitive Methodist chapel in the Coventry Circuit.
The area was first missioned in 1848 and services were held in a small house. It soon became too small and Brook Primitive Methodist Chapel was built on the East side of Alderman’s Green Road in 1849. Congregations increased still further and the chapel was closed for the construction of a gallery. The chapel was re-opened in January 18th 1852. Three sermons were preached by John Theobald of Leicester; five souls were converted. Building a gallery took them eight weeks – during which time 40 people were converted!
In 1928 Brook Primitive Methodists built a replacement Chapel in Alderman’s Green Road, about 150 yards south of the old Chapel, which was then used as a workshop.
Primitive Methodist magazine for March 1852 p.181