Coventry, Stoke A Primitive Methodist congregation at Stoke is not recorded in the 1851 religious census, but does appear in the Coventry circuit Preachers’ Plan for 1852-3 with a Sunday afternoon service; preacher W. Hale lived in Stoke.
This is presumably the congregation that built a chapel with 100 sittings in 1866 in Milton Street, Barras Heath. The Barras Heath congregation was recorded in the Religious census carried out by the Coventry Herald in 1881: there were 4 Sunday school teachers and 25 scholars; 13 people attended a morning service and 18 an evening service.
This chapel was replaced in 1920 by one in Heath Road, an outreach from the Ford Street circuit. This was a wooden ex-army hut with 150 sittings. It was destroyed by bombing in 1940.
Warwickshire Ordnance Survey maps;
Victoria County History for Warwickshire, Vol. 8, p. 392;
Coventry Herald, 9 Dec. 1881, p. 3.