A Primitive Methodist chapel was built on Daventry Road and the foundation stone records ‘THIS STONE WAS LAID BY W.KEY ESQre NOVr 7th 1876 H.BUCKENHAM MINISTER’. The plaque above the entrance is illegible. There was a Sunday School in the 1900s.
The chapel appears on OS maps from the 1880s onwards, in Warwickshire trade directories from 1884-1924 and in the Historic Environment Record. It was part of the Rugby circuit. The congregation were invited to a Band of Hope tea and concert on Boxing Day 1911; this included dialogues on ‘For his Stomach’s Sake’ and ‘Mrs Quirk’s Queer Lodger’. The building is made of red brick with stone dressings and a slate roof and still stands in reasonable condition; it has been converted into a house called ‘The Old Chapel’.
HER Ref. MWA 4123; Rugby Advertiser 30 Dec. 1911; site visit 2017. NCRO: DRMC/32, 35, 595-616.