Long Itchington Primitive Methodist chapel
A chapel with 90 sittings was built for £399 in Green End in 1860 next to the Buck and Bell pub. It was made of patterned brick with a slate roof and round-headed windows. It was part of the Leamington Circuit. There was a Sunday School and a Christian Endeavour group up until 1931.
The trustees owned four adjacent cottages. An account book shows they had income from Anniversary and Tea Meetings, the ‘Golden system’, also seat and cottage rents (though there were a few sad letters to the Rev Parsons from tenants struggling to pay their rent of £5 10s a month in 1904).
In 1863 the trustees paid £1 for furniture for the Preachers House and in 1896 £12 10s for an organ. Substantial repairs were required to the roof in 1902.It appears in Warwickshire trade directories from 1874-1932 and on 1st & 2nd edition OS maps (1880s–1900s) and as a chapel in the 1950s.
Cottages and chapel have now been demolished and houses built on the site.
Sources: WCRO: circuit reports & accounts CR 1688/53 & 82; Warwickshire trade directories; OS maps; site visit 2017. Marton History Group have a rather poor photograph of the chapel that suggests half of it was converted into a cottage during the 20th century.