Anne Langley has provided the following information:
Ratley. A Primitive Methodist chapel was built on Town Hill in 1839. The 1851 religious census records 130 sittings and an attendance of 221 at the evening service; there was no Sunday School. It was part of the Kineton circuit. It appears in Warwickshire trade directories from 1850-1892 and on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps (1880s & 1900s).
The chapel and an adjacent cottage were sold around 1900 and converted (with extensive alterations) into Hill Top House. Confusingly this has date stones of 1888 and 1901. The former was found in the garden, so may be unrelated, though could record a rebuild at that time. The latter marks the date of adding the upper floor during conversion into a house.
religious census HO 188.8.131.52.24;
site visit 2017,
J. Ashby & D. Batchelor, Ratley: the story of a Warwickshire Parish, 2006, pp. 29-30.