Rugby Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel
Rugby The first Primitive Methodist chapel was built in Queen Street on the corner of Russell Street in 1841. The 1851 religious census records that it had sittings for 100 and an attendance of 50 at the evening service; This chapel appears in Warwickshire trade directories from 1860-1876 but does not appear on the 1st edition OS map (1880s) so it was probably demolished soon after the new chapel was built (in Railway Terrace) in 1877. Queen Street is now under the Asda supermarket.
Rugby Advertiser 18 Feb. & 11 Mar. 1911; June 22 1912; 12 July, 6 Sept. & 15 Nov. 1913, 1 Jan. 1916;
Pickford & Pevsner, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, 2016, p. 63;
Warwickshire CRO: marriage register CR 1779;
https://www.theterracechurch.org.uk/about/history; photos 2017.