Primitive Methodist meetings are first recorded in Warwick in 1849 and they met in a mission room in Market Place. A Wesleyan chapel with sittings for 200, costing £330, was built in Stand Street in 1838/9 and passed on to the Primitive Methodists in 1864 along with a Sunday School with room for 100 children.
The chapel was of brick with a cement facing and had ‘PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL’ in large letters over the entrance. The Sunday School struggled in the early 20th century and closed in 1912. The attendance in 1895 was 80 (of whom 21 were members); there were two Band of Hope groups in 1896.
A Primitive Methodist chapel is recorded in Warwickshire trade directories from 1872-1921 and on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps (1880s-1900s). Leamington circuit records show that the chapel was sold in 1923. There are black & white photos of this chapel in the Warwickshire County Record Office. The chapel and Sunday School have since been demolished and replaced by housing.
WCRO: circuit records CR1688/53 & 59, photos PH578 p. 141, PH1035/C7747 & PH1035/D0325; VCH, Vol. 8, 1969, p. 537; Warwickshire trade directories; OS maps; site visit 2017.