Crackenthorp Primitive Methodist chapel
Crackenthorp, APPLEBY-IN-WESTMORLAND CA16 6AE
By the time Keith Guyler’s photograph was taken in 1995, the corrugated clad wooden structure that was Crackenthorp Methodist chapel was disused and derelict. It is recorded in the 1940’s Statistical Returns of Methodist Chapels, but not in the 1970’s Returns. In October 2016 the chapel building is still intact and has a fairly large tree keeping it company and shaded.
It is located at: NY6553522657. The revamped A66 (T) road passes within 10 feet of the chapel front door, the heavy traffic constantly streaming by. The chapel is very isolated from the village of Crackenthorpe which is located on the other side of the A66 on a road leading off. Not the place to build a chapel today!!