The foundation stone of Kendal, Blackhall Yard Chapel and school was laid on 14th July 1870 and the chapel was opened in the following year By 1930 it was described as an altogether inadequate and unsuitable building and was closed when Lowther Street was acquired. It was sold for £625 in 1930 and demolished in 1964. There is an image in Bryer, p.16
John Rylands Library, Carlisle and Whitehaven PM District Chapel Committee minutes,.
Carlisle Library, IC9 KEN 287 Bryer, T Percy, A History of Methodism in Kendal, Kirby Lonsdale and Sedbergh, 1987
Site visit 19.11.2016