Alvediston is a village east of Shaftesbury. There are no notes or dates accompanying Keith Guyler’s photograph of Alvediston Primitive Methodist chapel. However, the Wiltshire Community History website tells us that there were two Primitive Methodist meeting houses registered in 1844 under the holding and occupation of James Adlam and Thomas Jenkins. A small brick Primitive Methodist chapel was built south of the road to Berwick St. John in 1894. It seated 108 people and was described as “a neat and plain building” in the 1894 Primitive Methodist magazine.
It was closed by 1951. In 2012 it was disused. Is it still there?
Primitive Methodist magazine September 1894 page 718