Collingbourne Ducis Primitive Methodist chapel
Cadley Road Collingbourne Ducis MARLBOROUGH SN8 3EB
The first Collingbourne Ducis Primitive Methodist chapel opened for worship in 1849. It served until its replacement in 1880. On Census Sunday 1851 about 195 people attended the morning, 194 the afternoon and 210 the evening service. The return was completed by Benjamin Allen.
The chapel was closed in 1983 and at the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1995 had been converted into residential use, which was still the case on Google Street View in August 2011. It retains its 1880 date tablet.
There is more information on Collingbourne Ducis Online Parish Clerk website
Collingbourne Ducis Online Parish Clerk website accessed July 14th 2015