Dinton Primitive Methodist chapel
Hindon Rd Salisbury, Wiltshire SP3 5EG
Dinton is a village west of Salisbury. In 1864, a group of Primitive Methodists who were influential in Teffont Magna, held meetings in the summer on Sundays outside Dinton Church, thereby interrupting the service.
Dinton Primitive Methodist Chapel was constructed in 1895 and flourished for some decades but was closed and sold in 1988.
In Google Street View in 2011 it was awaiting development. In 2013 it was available to rent as a 2 bedroomed house, at £795 per month. It was sold in January 2014 for £246,500.
The Wiltshire online parish clerk website has some interesting articles from local papers.
Wiltshire online parish clerk website accessed August 7th 2015