Hanging Langford Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1849 It seated 122 people. On Census Sunday 1851 there were 40 worshippers in the morning service, 50 in the afternoon and 35 in the evening. The return was completed by James Ford, the manager.
The village was first missioned in 1846, led by Mr White despite the attention “of lewd fellows with dogs” William Driffield tells us about the opening.
The Primitive Methodist chapel still exists in 2016 shown on Street View in Chapel Lane
Primitive Methodist magazine 1849 page 563