Hullavington Primitive Methodist chapel
Watts Lane, Hullavington SN14 6EA
From 1843 Hullavington Primitive Methodist society rented a former Society of Friends chapel for £1 a year; on Census Sunday in 1851 they registered an average attendance of 60 members.
In 1858, the Primitive Methodist society in Hullavington was given a guarantee by the owners that they could continue to use the chapel for a further ten years. As a result they made a number of improvements, including boarding much of the floor and a new door. It cost £20 of which they had raised £12
The re-opening on August 29th 1858 is described by T Powell in the Primitive Methodist magazine (where the village is spelled Hulbavington). There was a prayer meeting, a camp meeting and a love feast. Preachers included J Bezant, C Harford, G Tanner, T Knapp, H Hacker, and T Hunt.
Thechapel was built of red brick and rubble and there was a burial ground to the west of the chapel. There are pictures on the Wiltshire Community History website.
The chapel closed in the 1980s and in 2009 was in use as a house.
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1858 p.681