The 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship for Marlborough Primitive Methodist chapel was completed by the Minister, Henry Platt. It records that the chapel was built in 1823 and accommodated 160 people. On Census Sunday, 30 attended in the morning, 40 in the afternoon and 90 in the evening. There was no Sunday School.
The 1885 Ordnance Survey map shows a Prim chapel in Herd Street. Was this the same chapel or a later one?