The Primitive Methodist Magazine of 1901 tells us: “Six years ago, a somewhat remarkable circumstance added to the Old Salisbury Circuit a chapel in Morgan’s Vale, near Woodfalls. It had been built by Mr. H. Read, of Downton, a somewhat eccentric gentleman, who, up to the time of his death, carried it on at his own expense. In his will it was offered to the Primitives on condition that they paid down £150. The offer was at once accepted, and the chapel, valued at £500, came into our possession. A good work is being done there, and the last £50 was paid off in January of the present year. The chapel has a very neat appearance, and has recently been renovated and supplied with a new organ.”
The chapel still exists, in residential use. It carries the date 1877, although the words Primitive Methodist have been obscured.
Primitive Methodist Magazine 1901/350