In the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1849 (page 751), John Smith reports the first anniversary services of the chapel at Nether-Street in the Chippenham circuit on October 14th 1849. On the following day 130 people sat down to a fundraising tea.
The chapel was made of brick, had four windows and measured 24′ x 16′ internally. It was set back 8′ from the road and had iron palisading. It cost around £106 of which they still owed £70.
The 1851 Census of Public Places of Religious Worship contains a report by Esau Somner, the Steward, of Headington near Calne, for Netherstreet Primitive Methodist chapel.
The chapel was built in 1848 and on Census Sunday 90 people attended in the afternoon and 94 in the evening.
Ordnance Survey maps from 1885 and 1922 show the chapel located on the east side of Netherstreet. There is a building with the same footprint shown on satellite views: is that the former chapel?