Salisbury St Marks Road Primitive Methodist chapel
St. Marks Road SALISBURY SP1 3AY
A Primitive Methodist Mission registered places of worship in 1823 and by 1827 the New Primitive Methodist Mission had a room in New Street for services and a small society was formed. By 1833 Salisbury was at the head of a circuit with two preachers and 250 members. The first chapel was built in Fisherton Street and St Marks Road Primitive Methodist chapel in Salisbury was opened in 1890.
It closed in 1971 when it was taken over by Christian Scientists. Since 1989 it has been used by Jehovah’s Witnesses.