Wiltshire Community History website tells us that Tockenham and Grittenham were together for many years as part of the Brinkworth Circuit. The first report of a separate membership at Tockenham was in March 1844 when there were 19 members. Early meetings were held in cottages at the Red Lion, and then The Tangle, where large congregations were reported. A feature here was powerful cottage prayer meetings in three or four locations and constant processioning.
Land for a chapel was found, with the aid of William Rumming of Grittenham, after several disappointments, and a Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1863 at an initial cost of £180, later rising to £280. The chapel could seat 120 people and had a thriving Sunday school. By 1961 it was no longer in use and was derelict in 1968.
Street View in 2011 shows a house with the same sized footprint on the site. Is it the former chapel?
Wiltshire Community History website accessed 08/08/2020 at: https://history.wiltshire.gov.uk/community/getchurch.php?id=1454