Tollard Royal Primitive Methodist chapel
Tollard Royal Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 5PP
Tollard Royal is south east of Shaftesbury. Tollard Royal Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1879 as part of the Motcombe Circuit. The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a “pretty little village chapel”
It was closed in 1957 and at the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1988 it was in use as a house. Before that it had been what Mr Guyler describes as a “rustic workshop”.
It is still a house in Google Street View in May 2015 called, inevitably, the Old Chapel.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 637