The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a “neat little” Primitive Methodist chapel at Wencombe in the Marlborough station. It is only a “small building, but suitable for the people . ….. and sufficiently commodious”. The problem is there is no place called Wencombe known to the Ordnance Survey – or Google maps. There is however a small village called Wexcombe, south east of East Grafton, which did have a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The Primitive Methodist chapel at Wexcombe appears on Ordnance Survey maps between 1880 and 1900. Remarkably, it is still there in 1976.
On Street View, the building still exists, but converted for residential use.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 315