Bromsgrove Primitive Methodist chapel
Birmingham Road B60 1AB
On February 20th 1861, Joseph Wood, the Mayor, laid the foundation stone of Bromsgrove Primitive Methodist chapel. The new chapel was to built on top of the Sunday schoolroom recently constructed. Speakers at the celebrations included Rev. R. Taylor; Rev. J. Ewence (Baptist); Rev. J. Bat (Wesleyan), G. W. Reynolds, Esq., of Northfield Manor, Rev. M. Nichols, of Worcester and James Witheford.
A celebrated part of the associated tea meeting for 250 held in the Corn Exchange was a talk by Mr. S. Brownsword. He described his imprisonment in Worcester Goal, for preaching the Gospel in a street in Stourbridge.
The chapel closed around 1980. It has been converted to housing but still carries its dates stone and name “Hephzibar Chapel”.
There is a picture here.
Primitive Methodist magazine May 1861 pages 306-307