Clows Top Primitive Methodist Chapel (demolished)
Lay on South side of B4202, Clows Top, Worcestershire
Location GR – SO 71336 71908
The opening date has not yet been found. By 1902 it had transferred to the Wesleyans as per OS maps. The Chapel was closed around 1924 as the Wesleyan funds were transferred to nearby Abberley.
The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5 stated :- Clows Top, a hamlet in Bayton and Mamble parishes, Worcestershire, 3 1/2 miles S of Cleobury Mortimer. It has a Primitive Methodist chapel.
On the 1885 OS Worcestershire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)
On the 1902 OS Worcestershire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan)
On the 1927 OS Worcestershire 1:2,500 map the building is not marked as a place of worship.
The above maps may be viewed at Old Maps.