Drakes Broughton Primitive Methodist Chapel
Walcot Lane, Drakes Broughton & Wadborough CP, Worcestershire
Location GR – SO 92883 48477
In 2014 the building is now a dwelling, conversion date not known.
The Chapel was opened in 1877 according to Kelly’s below, but not confirmed. It was re-painted, cleaned and improved illumination installed for evening services in 1885. The exact closure date has not yet been found, the Chapel appeared in the circuit schedule for 1967. It was shown as having a school room in the 1940 survey.
Kelly’s Directory 1892 Worcs, P169. PERSHORE, sub, BROUGHTON. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel, built in 1877.
Kelly’s Directory 1912 Worcs, P 217. PERSHORE, sub, BROUGHTON entry :- There is a Primitive Methodist chapel, built in 1877.
On the 1885 OS Worcestershire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)
On the 1904 OS Worcestershire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)
On the 1970 OS Worcestershire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as a Methodist Chapel.
The above maps may be viewed at Old Maps.
Methodist Church, Statistical Returns, 1940 – Birmingham District – Worcester – Drakes Broughton – Structure, B, Seating Accommodation 184, Type of Seating F, School Halls 1, Other Rooms -.
These are the chapels (originally PM) listed in 1940 for the Birmingham District – 191. Worcester. George Street, Drakes Broughton, Sale Green, Wadborough, Kerswell Green (Kempsey), Malvern (Newtown Road).