This chapel was built in 1902, replacing an earlier chapel built in 1824. It closed in 1963.
There is more information about the opening of the chapel in the Primitive Methodist magazine:
The 1833 Primitive Methodist magazine (page 178) contains an account by William Grant of the opening of the chapel. It was first built in 1824 (when it was not part of the Primitive Methodist Connexion) but taken from them so they had to worship in a house. The chapel was re-opened on September 2nd 1832 when the preacher was R. Jukes.
(note added by CH)