Redditch Primitive Methodist chapel
Ipsley Street, Redditch B98 7AA
In 1890, with a growing congregation, Sunday school and town population, the Primitive Methodist society in Redditch laid the memorial stones for a new chapel and school designed by M. J. Butcher of Birmingham. It was on an “excellent site in one of the best positions in the town” in what was then Alcester Street. After local road building and development the building, which still stands, fronts on to Ipsley Street.
The building cost £1,200 of which they had raised all but £400.
As Ipsley Road Methodist church, the church closed in December 1999 and was sold for commercial use. In January 2019 it is an estate agents.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1890 September page 571
Primitive Methodist magazine 1891 March page 186