Shatterford Primitive Methodist chapel
“A neat and comfort able chapel was opened for Divine service on Sunday, December 9th, 1855, at Shatterford, a village four miles from Kidderminster, when three interesting sermons were preached on the occasion; those in the morning and evening by Mr. John Pullen, from Worcester;- and that in the afternoon by Mr. J. Cautherington, from Dudley. The congregations were large; the chapel will seat above 150 persons.
We are thankful for the kindness of Captain Richard William Pelley, Esq., for hearing the whole of the expenses of this chapel. Thank God, it is debtless 1 We sincerely hope and pray that many of his tenants and workmen employed in his coalpits and brick yards in this place, may receive spiritual and lasting good in this house of prayer. We are grateful to the Great Head of the church for what he has done for us at Shatterford. In 1854 we had but little or no interest in this place. we have now a society, congregation, Sabbath-school, and chapel. To God be all the glory!”
This description was written by Joseph Hutchings in the 1856 Primitive Methodist magazine. There is no sign of the chapel on the Ordnance Survey maps of 1883 and the brick kilns are disused by then. Do you know where the chapel was and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1856 p.114