The 1882 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us that the foundation stones for Worcester Primitive Methodist chapel had been laid. They had previously for over 60 years been meeting in a building intended as a stable.
The opening was confirmed in the magazine later in the year.
The new chapel was expected to cost around £1,000; in fact it cost £100 more. They had raised half by the opening. The new building accommodated 300-400 people and there was enough land left to build a school, although they were not ready to do that yet.
Five years later, the Primitive Methodist magazine tells us about the laying of the foundation stones for the schools, marked by enthusiastic services and encouraging proceeds.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 125
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 637
Primitive Methodist magazine September 1887 page 571