Braithwell Primitive Methodist chapel
Braithwell Primitive Methodist chapel opened on 29th May 1859. Speakers at the opening celebrations – including the traditional tea meeting – included Mrs M Bradbury, Mrs Close (Sheffield) and Rev J Wood. The Architect and builder was Mr Arnold.
The new chapel cost £190 of which they had raised £56 by the opening – less than the third proportion required by the Rule Book. Donors included Mr + Mrs W Bradbury, T Badger and James Curtis.
The opening is described by T Newsome in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
Where was the chapel and what happened to it and its people?
Primitive Methodist magazine August 1859 page 500