Crabtree Primitive Methodist chapel
Crabtree Lane Sheffield S5 7AY
The opening of Crabtree Primitive Methodist chapel in the Sheffield second circuit is described in the Primitive Methodist magazine by J Wenn.
The cost of the new chapel was £200, nearly half of which they hoped to raise. Donors included Edward Birks (who laid the foundation stone, Henry and Mrs Fisher and Mr Fisher (sen) and Edward Smith of Fir Vale. An unnamed chapel member handed over £10 just before she died.
A Primitive Methodist chapel is marked on Crabtree Lane on the 1892 Ordnance Survey map. It is still there on the 1955 map but on Street View in 2012 there is modern housing on the site
Primitive Methodist magazine 1866 page 114