Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel
Deepdale, Sedburgh, West Yorkshire
Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened in 1889. It is located on the corner where Dyke Hall Lane meets the road to Dent. It is a small stone built chapel with an extension. There is also a graveyard with several gravestones. The chapel nestles among woodland and from it there are lovely views over the valley of Deepdale. When the chapel closed in 1995 the congregation united with the former Wesleyan chapel in Dent to form Dentdale Methodist church.
In 2016 this chapel remains empty. When it closed in 1995 it was bought by an antique dealer and used for storage. It has recently been sold again with outline planning permission to change it into a dwelling.
OS Map Ref:98:SD722859