The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Elland in the Sowerby Bridge circuit.
The Calderdale LIbraries local newspaper and event index tells us the chapel was called Zion. The memorial stones were laid on September 27th 1879 and the chapel opened on June 23 1880.
The 1918 Ordnance Survey map shows Zion Primitive Methodist chapel on Catherine Street, at its junction with Frances Street. There is modern housing on the site in 2008.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 761-762