Fangfoss Primitive Methodist chapel
Highfield Lane YO41 5QP
R Cheeseman tells us about the opening of Fangfoss Primitive Methodist chapel in the Pocklington circuit. The services started May 29th 1865. Preachers at the opening services and public meeting (in a large building kindly lent by Mr Clough) included Rev T Greenbury, G Storey (of Crowle), Rev W White, and Miss Bemrose (of Horncastle circuit).
Special thanks were due to Mr and Mrs English for exertions in building the chapel.
The 1892 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel some way south of the village, on Highfield Lane. Street View from 2008 – 2016 shows the building still in existence, in use as a furniture workshop.
Primitive Methodist magazine January 1866 page 43