Goathland Primitive Methodist chapel
Goathland, WHITBY, YO22 5LX
Goathland Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1861. The opening is described by Ebenezer Hall in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Celebrations started from September 3rd 1861 and included tea in a tent for 140 – twice. Opening preachers included Henry J. M’Cullock, Esq., J. C. Richardson, Esq. of York, Revs. E. Hall, J.Barnes, and Thomas Dearlove, of Pickering and Messrs. R. Vasey, S.Horner and E. Howarth.
The chapel cost £130 and seated 140.
It closed in 1969 and became a garage and shop. On Google Street View in March 2009 the garage has gone and it is a coffee shop.
Primitive Methodist chapel November 1861 page 684-685