Greengates Primitive Methodist chapel
Greengates Primitive Methodist chapel, in the Bradford circuit, opened on October 30th 1836 and J Davison (who presents it as Green Gates) tells us about it in the 1837 Primitive Methodist magazine. The building included two houses underneath what Mr Davison called a “Beautiful chapel”. It measured 27′(w) x 39′(l).
On the 1893 Ordnance Survey map, a chapel which on later maps is identified as a Primitive Methodist chapel, is is marked on New Lines, to the south of the junction with what is now Harrogate Road and was then Green Gates Road. It was where the retail park is . It was still marked on the 1974 map. This may have been the 1837 chapel, but from its size is probably a later building. Was the 1837 chapel on the same site?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1837 page 183