The Builder, vol. 87, issue 3217, 1st. Oct., 1904 Pages 342-3.
“PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHURCH, GRENOSIDE, YORKSHIRE, – The memorial-stone was laid a short time ago of a new Primitive Methodist church at Grenoside. The new building is the design of Mr. J.P. Earle, architect of Sheffield. It is being constructed of Grenoside stone with concrete dressing and is estimated to provide seating accommodation for 200 persons. Only a chapel is now being built but there is room at the rear for the addition of vestries, etc., in future. The total cost will be £900; including the purchase of the freehold of the site.”
This Primitive Methodist Chapel is on Main Street just north of Norfolk Hill and over the door is an eroding plaque with the date 1904. It was converted to a 4 bedroom house and sold-STC, pending; or now sold.
Next to the chapel is it’s predecessor, also with a datestone but illegible on Street View. When the 1904 chapel was built the previous chapel became the Sunday school. Both chapels still exist (2019)