Holmpton Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
A Continuing Primitive Methodist "Church" from 1932/3.
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley has the following information about this chapel:
- Ref. MRW/12/1-2: Holmpton. A Chapel existed here by 1877. It was Wesleyan. In 1906 the Primitives Methodists bought the Chapel but in 1932 they stayed out of the Methodist Union. Their Chapel closed and was later demolished but while they were holding services in a farmhouse they had commissioned a Chapel to be built c.1932/3. It became a Continuing Primitive Methodist “Church”.
- Ref. SP/2/106/8: Documents for the sale of the PM Church, School Lane, Holmpton, Sept., 1990, to include photograph(s) of the exterior.
More information on the Continuing Primitive Methodist Movement can be found on David Youngs website.