Hopton Primitive Methodist chapel
Jackroyd Lane, Upper Hopton, WF14 8HY
A Worsnop writes an account in the Primitive Methodist magazine of the laying of the foundation stone for Hopton Primitive Methodist chapel. The ceremony took place on June 2nd 1866 and the stone was laid by J Preston (of Mirfield). Speakers included J Cameron (Independent of Hopton), W Jackson (Leeds) and A Worsnop.
There was of course a celebration tea and the new chapel was expected to cost £240. As over half of this was expected to be raised, the society is described by Rev Worsnop as “excellent”.
Thanks to Harry Clay for identifying where this chapel was and what happened to it.
Primitive Methodist magazine October 1866 page 627