In 1873 the Henry Hodge Memorial Chapel was opened on Williamson Street, Holderness Road. It was designed by F.N. Pettingell and conceived before Hodge’s death,; Hodge himself contributed £1,000 towards the total cost of £7,300. It was reported to seat 1,300 people.
The chapel was built in red brick with blue and yellow brick and stone dressings.
It closed in 1940 and was used as a warehouse in 1964. Since then it has been demolished and the site used first as part of a haulage yard and on Street View in 2009 for housing.