Hutton Cranswick Primitive Methodist chapel
The laying of the foundation stone of Hutton Cranswick Primitive Methodist chapel is recorded in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The ceremony started on March 23rd 1860. Stone laid by W Hodge (sheriff of Hull). There were contributions from Mrs Hodge, and Messrs. E. Talbot, W. Jones, W.Stabler and H. Woodcock. William Garner wrote the article.
The chapel is shown on the 1892 Ordnance Survey map on what was then Back Lane and is now Orchard Lane. It is still there in 1976, labelled Methodist church. It is still open on Street View in 2010 but is not open in 2019.
In 1864 they started another chapel in the Cranswick half of the village
Primitive Methodist magazine July 1860 page 435