Kirby in North Yorkshire was first missioned by Primitive Methodist founder William Clowes and the Primitive Methodist chapel built in 1820. The chapel was being replaced in 1892 and it was hoped that the chapel would be free from debt.
The information comes from the Primitive Methodist magazine. Where was Kirby? Is it Cold Kirby? Or Kirkby? Any ideas?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1892 November page 701