Kirkby Malzeard (Longswales) Yorkshire (West Riding)
There is very little information about the former Primitive Methodist chapel in Kirkby Malzeard. In the 1940’s Statistical Returns the chapel was in the Ripon (Allhallowgate) Circuit. It seated 100, on pews. The date when the chapel closed for worship is unknown but the Society removed to the Ebenezer United Methodist Chapel further along Main Street. The P M chapel has at sometime in the past been sold and converted into a dwelling. In 2017 the chapel had an extension added on the gable end. This is being used by a hair-dressing business.
Photos taken November 2017
OS Map Ref:99:SE231743