Lockton Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel

Lockton Yorkshire YO18 7PY

Lockton Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel | Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Lockton Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel | Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Lockton Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel | Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Chapel name, rebuild date of 1898 and a tired looking clock | Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
Chapel name, rebuild date of 1898 and a tired looking clock
Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Pearce
A row of 'named' bricks | Photo taken June2018 by E & R Pearce
A row of 'named' bricks
Photo taken June2018 by E & R Pearce
More 'named' bricks | Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Peaece
More 'named' bricks
Photo taken June 2018 by E & R Peaece

North Yorkshire County Record office holds Sunday School attendance registers and accounts from 1887-2002.  

Keith Guyler notes that the chapel in his photograph was was rebuilt in 1898.  At the time of his photograph it was still in use.

However, at the time of posting this photograph the papers for the York and Hull Methodist District April 2015 Synod include a request from Lockton Methodist Church for permission to cease worship in the chapel building and for the said building to be sold.

In 2018 sadly the Chapel looked in a poor state of repair.

Location: SE8431790034


 

Reference 

York and Hull Methodist District April 2015 Synod papers accessed April 19th 2015

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone