Lower Cumberworth Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
West Yorkshire Archives Services, Kirklees branch, has the following information relating to this chapel:
- Ref. NM/DD/CW: (Also Ref. WYK112): Lower Cumberworth Primitive Methodist Chapel. Documents from c.1851-1932, 1933-2002. Centenary Celebration 1951.
The 1941 Methodist Statistical Return locates the chapel in the Clayton West Circuit. It was stone built, seated 249 with 2 school halls and 7 rooms. Follow the link to Huddersfield Exposed to see an aerial view of the chapel location.