Medge Hall Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
Medge Hall is a hamlet in the parish of Thorne, West Riding of Yorkshire, situated very close to the county boundary with Lincolnshire.
The first chapel was a wooden building which opened in 1904. It was replaced by a brick chapel which closed in 1967.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Crowle Primitive Methodist Circuit 1904-1932
- Crowle Methodist Circuit 1932-1948
- Epworth and Crowle Methodist Circuit 1948-1967
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following information relating to this chapel:
Meth/C/Medge Hall/C/3/1: Promissory note year 1911 in respect of a loan to the Trustees for Robert T?/J? Fowler.
Meth/C/Medge Hall/C/3/2: Promissory note in respect of a loan to the Chapel Trustees from the Rev. T. Mitchell, Treasurer of the Primitive Methodist Chapel/Church Loan Trust, year 1912.
Meth/C/Medge Hall/E/7/1: Letter of consent of Chapel closure, 1968.