The 1901 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us that the Middlesbrough Circuit needed four new chapels, but was held back by debt on the old ones.
One area of need was North Ormesby. For years the society had been meeting in a building that was too small. A new site had been obtained and if the old chapel (which still carried some debt) could be sold at a good price, they were hopeful of being able to start “at once”
Where was the new chapel ? Was it ever built? A new chapel with school appears on the OS maps between 1892 and 1913 on Basil Street. Was that it? There is new housing on the site in 2014.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1901 page 953