Pontefract Primitive Methodist chapel
Micklegate WF8 1QG
Pontefract Primitive Methodist chapel was re-opened after extensive cleaning and repainting on November 26th 1854. Sermons were preached by Rev. W. Sanderson, of Scotter and the Rev. T. Dunn, Wesleyan. The following day there was a teaa meeting for 100. The chair was Mr. McKechnie, the superintendent, and addresses were delivered by the Revs. W. Sanderson, T.Ellis (Independent), and by Messrs. H. Taylor, R. Martin, and Thomas Smith, who supplied the information to the Primitive Methodist Magazine.
The chapel is shown on Ordnance Survey maps on Micklegate. On the same site in 2017 is the current Pontefract Methodist church.
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1855 p.113