Ossett (South Ossett) Primitive Methodist Chapel

Postcard given to Englesea Brook by Revd Howard Clark, Ottawa, Canada

Comments about this page

  • Is this the same chapel as Trinity on South Parade? It does have the same footprint as the 1905 Ordnance Survey map and is geographically very close to South Ossett.

    By Christopher Hill (19/02/2022)
  • West Yorkshire Archives Services, HQ, Wakefield branch:

    Ref. Ref. WWMC31/C8/5: Ossett Queen Street Primitive Methodist Circuit Records, to include Preaching Plans 1908-1932, etc. Other Circuit documents from c.1870-1932, 1933-1954. (Some records include a 100 year viewing restriction). 

    Ref. C111/603-607: Ossett Green (later Queen Street) Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel, duplicate Marriage Registers 1899-1932, 1933-1959.

    Ref. WM168/C8/23: Ossett Queens St. Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel and Sunday School Records, c.1856-1932, 1933-1962.

    Ref. C111/615/6-618: Ossett Common, South Parade (Trinity) Primitive Methodist Chapel, duplicate Marriage Registers 1910-1932, etc. Also Ref. WWM170/C8/25: documents c.1861-1932, 1933-1968.

    Ref. WWM166/C8/21: Ossett Dewsbury Road Streetside  Primitive Methodist Chapel, Closed 1986. Various Chapel and Sunday School documents c. 1863-1932, 1933-c.1986/7. 

    Anyone viewing these perticular above documented references at the WYAS needs to verify that all Chapels were Primitive Methodist pre-1932.

    Editor’s Note: Follow this link to Genuki to view a picture of the Mount Zion Chapel.

    By Raymond E.O.Ella (10/04/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *